Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The writers purpose.

If Im asked to volunteer for somthing, I always find out what it is first.And all what I need to do. If I want a free app ,or game I read the fine print and scan to see if its a contract or any charges. The samr thing with writing I want to know my purpose what Im writing about. We learned in the Colorado State University handbook to identify the purpose. Which means why am I writing this, and who is it for.Mostly at school its for proffesors. But thats not always the case. We may write an argumental paper to persuade someone to do something for us . For example a favorite tv show may be getting cancelled soon. And we want the executive producers to keep it on the air. What would motivate them to listen . Probably ratings , because ratings equal money .My point is its always good to know your audience, if you want the best response. Knowing the right form will help us in our writing.

1 comment:

  1. That's so right. I have learnt that when you write your audience is your number one priority. If you get your point across to your reader you have accomplished your goal.

    ReplyDelete